I want to help you thrive in your personal life and in your family relationships! Together, we can find the balance between caring for yourself and for others, and develop the skills to create emotional health. Through couples counseling I help partners find a deeper connection and build skills to remain close and satisfied. I am particularly passionate about working with young adult women dealing with relationship problems and life transitions. I take every opportunity to use the media to promote healthy relationships & mental health and I love helping other therapists build thriving practices.
Professional Highlights & Memberships
- PhD Student, Marriage & Family Therapy, University of Louisiana Monroe
- Author of The Burnout Cure: An Emotional Survival Guide For Overwhelmed Women
- National & Local Media Expert (Wall Street Journal, Cosmopolitan, Parenting, E! Online, AOL Health, Women’s Day, Women’s Health, Social Work Today)
- #1 Online Influencer: Depression by Sharecare.com & #2 Social HealthMaker for Mental Health (Founded by Dr. Oz, Web MD, Harpo, Discovery)
- Television Contributor on KSL TV’s Studio 5
- Featured Therapist on PsychCentral.com’s Ask the Therapist
- PsychCentral.com Blogger “Private Practice Toolbox”
- Appointed to NASW’s Private Practice National Board
- Advanced Externship & Core Skills in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Social Work (ABECSW)
- Board Certified in Practice with Children and their Families (ABECSW)
- Association of Mormon Counselors and Psychotherapists
- International Centre For Excellence In Emotionally Focused Therapy
- National Eating Disorder Association
- National Association of Social Workers
- International Psychotherapy Institute
Women’s Mental Health * Marriage Therapy * Depression * Eating Disorders * Sexual Issues * Childbirth/Postpartum/Infertility * Past Abuse * Family Therapy * LDS Therapy * Private Practice Consultation * Workshops
Therapy: Julie is currently taking a limited number of new individual, couple, and family psychotherapy clients.
Schedule a therapy session
Coaching: Julie is also offering 1-2 session problem solving coaching/consultation sessions by phone or Skype.
Schedule a coaching session
Private practice consultations: Julie consults regularly mental health therapists in private practice on how to build a successful business, expand your solo practice into a larger clinic, gain media interviews, social media marketing, and build a strong online practice presence