There is never a convenient time to go to therapy. However, a valuable time to try is during adolescence. Young adults face many difficult challenges and stresses; it is a moment of intense stretching and growing. This time is not only challenging for the youth, but for their parents as well. Apprehension and pressure readily develop in the areas of sports, religion, school, and relationships. The transition into adulthood can be a difficult one, but I’ve seen it be a time of rich progress for clients and those closest to them. I help clients learn to cope with their current stresses and find their own unique identity and strength. It is an honor and a privilege to work with clients during this pivotal time in their lives. Don’t wait too long to start living the life you want to be living. As the Spanish saying goes: Por la calle del despues se llega a la casa de nunca – The path of later leads to the house of never.
- Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Fully Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Master Level Practitioner Training in Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Five-time Certified in the Teaching Family Model
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Experienced in Clinical Supervision of Mental Health Professionals
- Training in Sports Psychology, Spirituality in Counseling, Mindful Relaxation, and Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Experience as an Intensive In-home Specialist
Teenagers * Young Adults * Couples Counseling * Anxiety * Depression * Parenting Techniques * Family Counseling * Sport’s Psychology * Spirituality * Substance Abuse * Addiction Patterns * The Hero’s Journey.
To read more articles written by Mike Morgan, visit www.understandingtherapy.com