Healing Complex Trauma Through Play Therapy
APT Approved Continuing Education provider #14-372
Taught by Clair Mellenthin, LCSW, RPT-S
Date: Friday November 14, 2014
Time: 9am -4pm
Location: Wasatch Family Therapy
7084 South 2300 East Suite 215
Cottonwood Heights UT
Working with children and families who have been exposed to trauma can be a daunting prospect for mental health clinicians. Trauma is manifested and experienced differently for each child, parent, and family system.
In this exciting daylong workshop for mental health professionals and graduate students, participants will learn:
• How trauma impacts brain development, relationships, and behavior.
• What complex trauma entails and how to assess for the warning signs
• How play therapy can help clients heal from and move beyond their personal trauma – letting go of their victim status and embracing their new role as a survivor
• Learn new play therapy tips and techniques to begin using in your practice immediately!
- Participants will learn how utilizing play therapy can help child trauma victims heal therapeutically
- Participants will learn new play therapy techniques to address trauma symptoms manifested by children and families exposed to trauma
- Participants will learn the difference between complex trauma, secondary trauma and primary trauma
- Participants will learn how trauma impacts brain development, relationships and behavior
About the Presenter:
Clair Mellenthin, LCSW, RPT-S holds a Master’s Degree in Social Work from the University of Southern California. Throughout her career, she has focused on providing therapy to children, teens, and their families. She is currently the Clinical Director at Wasatch Family Therapy. Ms. Mellenthin is a sought after supervisor, training graduate students and interns in play therapy, and an adjunct faculty member at the University of Southern California MSW program. She is currently the President of the Utah Association For Play Therapy. In addition to being an experienced play therapist and professor, Ms. Mellenthin frequently presents professional play therapy and family therapy trainings and appears on local and national TV and radio as an expert on children and family issues.
Wasatch Family Therapy is APT Approved Continuing Education Provider Number: 14-372
Cialis vs Viagra it is old dispute between two similar medicines which stand by the way almost equally. but here not a task how to decide on a choice and to start using one of them. Viagra vs Cialis much kontsentrivany cialis which is on sale in the form of powder and we use it as required emergency. but nevertheless what harm they neninut especially if the birch costs.