Introduction To Online Therapy
- Wasatch Family Therapy’s online therapy allows you, the client, the flexibility, comfort and convenience of receiving quality therapy from your home or office through encrypted, secure video conferencing.
- Our online counseling counseling option make it easier for under-served populations to receive quality services.
- Online therapy delivers services to clients who may be unable to seek face-to-face mental health services due to location, travel limitations, physical limitations, and other circumstance.
- You don’t have to know a lot about computers. All you need is a computer with a web camera and high-speed internet.
- Online therapy is very safe and secure. Client confidentiality and privacy is of the upmost importance at Wasatch. We use a state of the art online counseling platform designed to protect the privacy of all clients and is HIPAA compliant.
- Online therapy is not the same as face-to-face psychotherapy and is not an appropriate treatment for all clients. Clients are screened for the appropriateness of online interventions.
- Online therapy directly addresses a major problem uncovered by the Surgeon General’s Report on Mental Health (1999) which stated that while one American in five has a diagnosable psychological problem, nearly two-thirds of them never seek treatment. Online therapy can potentially reach clients that would have otherwise not been seen.
- For a great summary or online therapy research visit http://www.breakthrough.com/effectiveness
Sources: Ainsworth, M. (2004). Abcs of internet mental health services. Retrieved from http://www.metanoia.org/imhs/
Schedule your online counseling session
Online Therapy FAQ’s
Q: When is online counseling not an appropriate fit?
A: If your presenting problem is an emergency, if you feel suicidal, homicidal, or like you want to hurt yourself of someone else.
- If you have any psychotic symptoms (hallucinations, delusions, thought disorganization).
- If you need intense support, phone contact, hospitalization.
- If you are addicted to drugs or alcohol or if you have a psychiatric illness.
- If you need a medical diagnosis or a prescription.
Q: What resources will I need to do online counseling?
A: A computer with a video feature, the ability to connect to the internet and a quite, private space where you can meet with your therapist without interruption.
Q: Is online counseling secure?
A: Wasatch Family Therapy prioritizes the confidentiality of our clients and therapeutic services and uses a protected and encrypted platform that protects the privacy of all clients.
Q: How long are sessions?
A: Your sessions will be based on a clinical hour which is 45-50 minutes. You may schedule for as much time as you would like based on your therapists availability.
Q: Are the therapy fees more or less with online sessions?
A: All therapeutic services through Wasatch Family Therapy are the same, online and in person.
Schedule your online counseling session
Is Online Counseling Right For You?
While online counseling can be helpful, it is not appropriate for everyone. The following requirements will help you determine if online counseling will be a good fit for you.
- Are you experiencing thoughts of harming yourself or others?
- Would you consider your presenting situation to be an immediate crisis?
- Are you experiencing any psychotic symptoms? (i.e. hallucinations, delusions, thought disorganization)
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, then in-person psychotherapy is required. If you answered “no” to the above questions, then please continue and look over the technical requirements.
- Do you own a computer and web camera?
- Do you have access to high speed internet? Cable or DSL with minimum download speed of 3Mbps and minimum upload speed of 384Kbps.
- Do you have or are you willing to download Adobe Flash Player on your computer?
- Do you have a private space in your home or office where you would be able to participate in your therapy sessions?
- Do you live in the state of Utah?
If you answered “yes” to all of the technical requirements above then online counseling may be a good fit for you! Learn more about our online counselor Melanie Davis, APC.
Cialis vs Viagra it is old dispute between two similar medicines which stand by the way almost equally. but here not a task how to decide on a choice and to start using one of them. Viagra vs Cialis much kontsentrivany cialis which is on sale in the form of powder and we use it as required emergency. but nevertheless what harm they neninut especially if the birch costs.